Christmas decorating is on a tight budget this. Living on one income is becoming increasingly difficult. I have tried to make do with what I have on hand. This garland has been in my basement for a couple of years. I have never been a big fan of it, but used it outside in the past. This year I decided to give it a new look. I started by removing all the old ornaments.
Then I went to my craft cabinet looking for something to add white to the garland. I found this.
It's Snow-Tex. I've had it for a couple of years and when I opened it, it had dried up. I decided to add some water and mix it well. It worked. It came back to life.
Using a popsicle stick I spread some faux snow on the garland. I was already much happier. Then I set it to dry overnight.
Once it was dry. I folded it in half to give it more fullness. I went through my stash of floral picks and set to work. Using wire cutters, hot glue and what I had on hand.
I used the silver mesh that I had used on the swag I made here.
Here it is in its new home. This window really needed a little something.
I am so pleased with this "new" garland
and so glad I never tossed it.