Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Bit of Christmas Decor

Christmas spirit is in the air. Decorating is just beginning here.  It has been fun!!
This swag has been around for some time and it needed a new life.  I decided to remove everything and start from scratch.  This year I am loving the white and silver decor that is everywhere.  So I headed to Michaels and bought some floral picks.
Before:
 After:
 I gathered some sticks from our backyard and used them for this along with some leftover floral picks.
 My white hutch is one of my favorites this year.  I am so glad that I painted in the spring.  It is lovely with the Christmas decor.
 The rice wreath hanging on the door was made by my daughter when she was in second grade.  She is now in college and each year asks me why I keep it.  I keep it as a memory of her when she was so young.  That was a fun age.  We used to make so many things together.  


 The Tweety teapot doesn't really go with the rest but it has a special story behind it and I wanted it with my favorite things.  The blue skeleton keys were from Walmart last year.  
 Mini village scene~building a snowman
I am enjoying the Christmas spirit.  I want to savor this season and not rush through it.  I wish the same to all of you.

Linking to:



Photobucket




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ruth,
I LOVE Christmas at Farm Girl in My Heart! SO MUCH! I love your snow scenes and the paint touches totally made your swag have new life! Looks GREAT!!! Putting me in the Christmas Spirit!!!

XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love, love that hutch...gorgeous.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Thank you, Ruth, for your kind words on my blog. I see you painted your greenery white and boy, what a difference it makes! Love the decor you've set up for the Holidays. Such creative ideas!

Cynthia said...

Your hutch is set up soo beautifully! Don't you wish you could have christmas decor up all year long!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.