I have finally done it. Finished a project! YEAH!! There has been a creative dry spell here. Most of our time has been occupied with accomplishing our home school goals for this year. We are close to completing everything on our list and I am feeling much better. The past six weeks have been intense but good. We both have such a sense of accomplishment.
Organizing has been on the top of my list lately. Things have gotten a bit out of control.
I needed somewhere to corral all my unfinished crochet projects. I always have more than one project going on at a time.
I posted about this project here.
I had this apple basket in my basement for a while (a couple of years, I think).
It definitely needed a new look.
I think everything looks better in a coat of white paint.
I then stenciled YARN onto the front.
I don't have a vinyl cutting machine so I printed them, cut them, and traced them onto the basket.
I originally wanted to purchase wooden letters but I think our little puppy would have too much fun chewing them. So I decided to paint them on.
After I traced them in pencil, I used this paint pen to fill them in.
Here it is freshly painted.
I then sanded the letters to distress them a bit.
Here it is filled and ready to go. It will be great to have all my projects in one place ready to work on.