Monday, January 24, 2011

Out With the Old

I have had this snowman picture in the basement waiting for a new life. I liked the frame and the grapevine on it but not the rest.


  I decided to give it a new life with some spray paint and embellishments. At this stage I already love it.
 I used a small can of Krylon white spray paint and gave it a couple of coats.  I pulled off the yellow wooden star and the rusty snowflake.
 I added some scrapbook paper to the inside of the frame
 and used these scrapbook keys I picked up a while ago at Joann's.
 The final piece.


I am so happy with how it turned out.  Notice our two tone walls.  That is from the enlarged opening to the kitchen.  We are planning on repainting the living room. I am trying to choose the right color.  I picked up hundreds of color swatches at Home Depot.  I am looking forward to the completed room but not the painting.


I'm linking to:








Get Your Craft on at:

Today's Creative Blog






504 Main

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Ruth~ I LOVE how this turned out. You are SO creative. I wish I had more time to do neat projects like this.

Adrienne said...

What a nice job you did! I am not very good at repuropsing :-( Maybe one day!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love this neat looking makeover...awesome idea you had here. I’m having a GIVEAWAY this week at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY…would love for you to come by to enter the giveaway and also link up to my PARTY…hope to see ya there:)

Blessings,
Linda

stitching under oaks said...

I would have never thought to do that...how clever. I love the new look!

Jami said...

That came out so great. What a creative idea! love it.

Kathy said...

Oh! That's just marvelous! Very imaginative!
Totally amazed,
Kathy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a difference! Amazing what spray paint and a great imagination can do. Love the keys.
Thanks for sharing this project.

Larissa said...

Love the transformation - it's so sophisticated! I have been painting everything white these days too - just makes it look better.

Sachiko said...

This is very pretty! I love the background in the frame.

Holly Lefevre said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! I am tickled pink!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.