Friday, January 21, 2011

Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

We are once again packed in with snow. Usually New England has 2 or 3 snow storms in a season but this year we have already had four snowstorms.  We are creating giant snow mountains and running out of space to put it all.  This weekend we will hit some very low temps.  The highs only in the teens, Monday we will be frigid at a high of 13.  Our son has snowboard lessons on Mondays for almost two hours.  We have purchased all the gear to keep him warm but I hope to find a spot in the lodge to stay warm.  I don't think I will survive two hours in that cold. I can just imagine the news headline now "Mom is frozen solid while watching son snowboard".  LOL~ I am not looking forward to it.

A taste of our weather



While we are hibernating inside trying to keep warm I have been working on some fun winter decor projects.

I love this idea with the epsom salt on the votives.  I added some "snowballs" and crocheted snowflakes I had made.

 Here are some more "snowballs."
 This pinecone was actually a Christmas ornament I picked up at Walmart.  I love the glittery blue.

Winter is the best time to sit and crochet.  I have been working on a scarf for a dear sweet friend.  Trying to get a couple more things finished and I can send off my package. I have two more scarves to finish before I send it off.

I love this pattern.  It is a fun scarf to make and to wear. 

Today's Creative Blog

504 Main

5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a very pretty scarf....those icicles are HUGE!

sandy toe

Adrienne said...

Winter definitly is a good time for crochet - it's nice and comforting I think. Stay warm!

patty said...

oh, ruth! that scarf is gorgeous! :) and i love the color you chose... pretty, pretty! hope you are well!

Amanda Lee said...

I am just blown away by all the cool epsom salt projects! Love your little snowflakes! Thanks for visiting House Revivals -- I'm glad you liked the project :)
~Amanda

Holly Lefevre said...

Wow - look at those icicles! Being a California Girl I have never lived in that kind of weather. Your winter decor is fabulous and fun.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.