Monday, July 20, 2009

Flowers and Thrift Treasures


Sunday morning I woke up and clumsily walked over to the coffee pot, my first act every morning.  I opened the kitchen blinds and see these beautiful flowers waiting for me by my fence.  My wonderful neighbor is out gardening at about 6 am each day and she had left me this beautiful arrangement.  They are so beautiful and the pictures don't do them justice.  I felt so special to receive such a wonderful gift.

Last week while my son was at his art class I decided to take a drive in the area and try to locate some treasures.  I was very lucky to find some great things at the thrift store.

I love this glass bottle with the measurements.  I don't know what it was used for but I love it.

I found this great cloche at a bargain-only $4.  I had to scoop it up right away.  It was a gorgeous day out and I wasn't the only one looking for treasures.  The store was busy and I couldn't even wait one second or someone else would scoop it up.  I'm not being dramatic-that happened with another bottle I had my eye on.

I love these shells.  I wish I could say I found them along the beach but I actually found them in a basket at the thrift.  They are all from local beaches.  I just don't get lucky to find them along the beach so I had to buy them.   I do find quite a bit of sea glass, though.

I love this pedestal bowl from the minute I found it, I knew I would be adding it to my treasures.  Best thing is that is made in the USA.  Not much is these days.

I have been buying glass canisters to empty all my boxes of pasta, rice, cereal, etc. into.  I found this great jar at Walmart.  I love it especially because it was Made in the USA.  That is a treasure to find there among the usual Made in China.  I love to support US companies and businesses, no matter how small my contribution.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

What great treasures (and neighbor!) luck you ;-)

katecreate said...

Hey, this is Katie at northwindshore. You won the giveaway at my blog and I was wondering if you could email me your address. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

Love all of the finds!! Your neighbor is a sweet person to leave you flowers!! The canister is great--from Walmart!!

Just Be Happy said...

Hi Ruth,

That hat I made from an old, old pattern that I got from a 92 years old lady, when I get a chance I'll scan it and e-mail it to you.

The yarn I used to make the shawl is called Loops & Threads™ Impeccable™ and it's available at Michaels.

The dress pattern I chose, it was a free pattern that can be downloaded here: http://heatherross.squarespace.com/journal/2008/8/5/free-dress-pattern-download-for-mendocino-fabrics.html

Happy Monday!

sara said...

Great thrift finds!!!!

And the flowers- gorgeous! Blue hydrangeas are my fave!!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Fabulous finds!! Your neighbor is such a sweetie to leave you flowers. =D

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.