Thursday, February 28, 2013

Recycled Storage

My dear neighbors gave me these boxes because they thought I could use them for storage.  I decided they would be perfect for stamps and ink pad storage.
The little blur on the top left corner is this little guy.  My sidekick and helper extraordinaire. Isn't he cute.
Back to work~the boxes needed a little dressing up before I could put them to good use.
I decided to start with a coat of white paint just to cover up the dark colors.
I found a scrap paper at Joanns that had quotes and I knew it would be perfect to cover 
the boxes.
I got to work with a little Mod Podge 
and soon enough they were looking much better

I distressed the edges with an ink pad and a little sanding
No need to be perfect 
just perfectly imperfect
A little ink along each edge went a long way
I used this handy tool to add
label pulls to the box.
 Here are two of the boxes completed and put to use.
 I found the inspiration for these from Country Living February issue where Thea Beasley covered boxes in French paper and maps.  I did not have French newspapers but I thought this paper would work quite well for the look.
I'm happy with how my little knock off turned out.


I will be joining these great link parties.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! I love recycling projects :)

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

Such cute little boxes! I love the way you made them over! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

Unknown said...

Very cute idea! I'm visiting from Under the Table and Dreaming :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com

Unknown said...

Love the look of your little boxes and your little helper!
I'm having a link party at Homa Style that ends Tuesday evening.
I would love you to link up!
The link to the party is
http://homastyle.com/wp/2013/02/27/inspire-me-link-party/

I help promote links to my parties by additional links to facebook, twitter, or pinterest.

Holly Lefevre said...

Seriously cute! I have those boxes...now I see them in a whole new light!

Unknown said...

I really love these. They're great. :) And I adore the paper you chose!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love it, Ruth! Such a great repurpose of something headed to the recycling bin. Very much like your inspiration picture, too.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.