Friday, March 9, 2012

A Trip to Mark a Milestone

On Tuesday I celebrated a milestone~the big 40.  Dear hubby treated me to a weekend in New York to celebrate.  I haven't been to New York in years and was looking forward to going.  I love the city.  It is so vibrant and full of life.  I could sit and people watch for hours but there was so much I wanted to see.
This was our hotel.  
We were right in the heart of Times Square.
The hustle and bustle had not yet started.  It was quiet on this weekend morning.

The magnificent architecture in the city leaves me wanting to stare at each building for hours, trying to take it all in.
The New York Public Library is astounding.

Another example of the classic architecture on the Upper West Side.
Dear hubby treated me to my first Broadway show.  It was spectacular.  I love The Phantom.  It recently celebrated it's ten thousandth show, making it the longest running show on Broadway.
The Marriot Marquis has a restaurant called The View.  It is on the 48th floor and revolves giving you a complete view of the city.  We went up just as the sun was setting.
The Empire State Building~it had been cloudy and raining all day but cleared up just in time for the view.

Rockefeller Center early on Sunday morning.  This was our last stop before we headed home.  I enjoyed every moment in the city.  I could people watch all day.  It is a fascinating place.
On Wednesday our little guy had surgery.  Doesn't he look so precious.  He is usually a very active pup but was not himself.  
He has won our hearts with his spirited play and sweet moments when we can snuggle him. He is already feeling more like himself.  Running around and trying to get at his incision wound.  Our husky had major surgery in February.  She had a large cyst that spread almost completely around her neck.  The incision was so large and we were quite alarmed when we picked her up.  She looks so unlike herself because she had to be shaved quite a bit.  Half the trouble with the cyst was that it was hidden under all the husky fur.  It had spread quietly without detection.  Hopefully, this is the end of her health troubles.  She has had a tough year so far.  She is a good sport but gives us quite a bit a trouble staying away from her stitches.  
 Our husky had major surgery in February.  She had a large cyst that spread almost completely around her neck.  The incision was so large and we were quite alarmed when we picked her up.  She looks so unlike herself because she had to be shaved quite a bit.  Half the trouble with the cyst was that it was hidden under all the husky fur.  It had spread quietly without detection.  Hopefully, this is the end of her health troubles.  She has had a tough year so far.  She is a good sport but gives us quite a bit a trouble staying away from her stitches.  She has scratched the stitches and caused bleeding a couple of times.  We are trying to keep her from scratching and are quickly running out of ideas.  I promised her no pictures of her in her sad state.

Linking to:




Photobucket






It's Overflowing



4 comments:

Artfulife said...

Ruth how fun that you got to go to NY! I'm totally jealous ;) Glad your little guy is feeling better too.

stitching under oaks said...

happy belated birthday! what a wonderful treat...love all the captures, especially the empire state building.

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh NYC! It has been 10 years since I was there...I so want to go back and your photos make me want to jump on a plane. Happy Birthday! Hope your puppy is recovering nicely...poor guy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth! Thank you so much for coming over to visit me today. Your trip to NYC looks amazing, and you know your photos of the library are my fave!!

Sorry to hear of your husky's health issues. I am guessing that due to the location of the stitches a cone wouldn't be helpful - that does create major headaches I'm sure. Hope she makes a full recovery soon.

xoxo michele

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.