Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Finished Projects

This summer is passing by so quickly.  I have a long list of projects that I wanted to complete before we start with our usual school schedule.  Some of the projects have been crossed off the list.
My daughter's desk chair had seen better days.  It was a blue tweed material that had gotten pretty yucky!!  It was never very nice but it had gotten worse.

The actual chair was not in bad shape so I decided to recover it.  I removed the pieces and pulled them out of the plastic shell.
I recovered it with a fabric that a friend had given me.  It is exactly her style.  
The finished project:
Her bookshelf was next.  It was a laminate bookcase that needed a new life.
I used the free sample of paint from Valspar and made it pop with color.  The backing is cardboard and she did not want to change it to bead board.  I don't know what's wrong with her.  LOL~ She says it's not her style.  
We decided to Mod Podge some vintage book pages onto the back.
The torn pages were her addition.  I let her do whatever she likes.  This is the final product.
I love the color, it's a fun color.  The bookcase was moved to a different spot in her room.  The little alcove in her room now has this arm chair, in natural, from Ikea.

Now we are painting my son's room.  There are many projects that I need to complete to make his room fantastic.  It's been the same way since he was 7 and now he's 14.  It was due time for a change.  We have started by priming and painting his ceiling which was a bright blue.

On the to do list:

New bed~with shelves~Pottery Barn style but much less expensive

Desk~I want to use some cubby shelves and a door slab for this

Different tv arrangement~not sure what we will decide on for this

This is what has been keeping me away.  Busy days but I love having the time to accomplish these projects.

Hope you are all enjoying your summer!





9 comments:

Savories of life said...

Great!I can not see a picture that you follow me. Fix that!

Savories of life said...

Tell your friends about my giveaway and tell them all to enter! tHIS ONE OR THE OTHERS AS THEY COME UP ALL MONTH LONG.

Adrienne said...

You are soooo good about repurposing AND making it look great! High five! Can you come spruce up my house ;-)

stitching under oaks said...

great stuff! I love it when you can take something you already had and give it a fresh new look. That bookcase color is so fun! Enjoy your last weeks of summer!

Yolanda said...

Such wonderful ideas. Glad to have found your blod.

Holly Lefevre said...

The chair is great - love the fabric! And the book shelf - the color is gorgeous and the book pages - nice touch!

Savories of life said...

Ruth ! Come and get your prize by leaving your e-mail. If no answer by Friday I pick a new winner!

Ellen said...

Love the chair redo. How did you attach it - with just the stapler?

cheryl @ nefotlak. said...

love the chair and the bookcase.
awesome!
cheryl xox.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.