Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Turn the Page Tuesday

I know that it is technically not Tuesday anymore.  I have wanted to join my friend Adrienne in Turn the Page...Tuesday for some time and then Tuesday comes and it completely slips my mind.  Well, I have decided to put this post up Tuesday or not. LOL ~  This is been a crazy and busy last couple of weeks with so many errands, classes and appointments.  Please forgive my tardiness.



I have chosen the book March by Geraldine Brooks for my post.  Geraldine Brooks has taken the character of the absent father, Mr. March from Louisa May Alcott's Little Women and written his story.  It follows Mr. March while he is helping the Union cause through the first, grim year of the Civil War.  The author turned to the letters and journals of Bronson Alcott to give Mr. March his voice throughout this book. 

Through the story you will read of the difficulties Mr. March, an idealist and philosopher, encounters when trying to reconcile the tragedies and injustices of war with his own beliefs.  He is challenged when the lines between right and wrong, good and evil were suddenly blurred.  Making the right choice for each person and each situation became quite different and reconciling himself to this leaves him a broken and haunted man.  

You can find out more about this extraordinary novel at Geraldine Brooks website.  If you have a chance to read it please leave me a comment letting me know what you thought of it.  It is one of my favorite, recent reads.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

This looks so interesting! I'm glad you posted ~ I'm adding it to my list ;-)

Artfulife said...

Hey there, thanks for dropping by and always leaving me the nicest comments. I hope you guys are enjoying fall. So sorry I missed your giveaway. Things have been a little hectic around here. Talk to you soon-Summie

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.