Monday, January 12, 2009

Dreaming of Spring

Although we are in winter and this week proves to be one of the coldest yet I have begun to look forward to spring. It will keep me going through these long cold winters. One of the farmgirls at MJF has begun sewing spring/summer dresses and is encouraging us to join along. Bonne has begun sewing up some new dresses and I have been looking for some inspiration. Etsy is a great place to find inspiration. It is filled with so many talented people and the best part is if you don't know how to do it you can buy it already made for you.

I would like to dress a little more feminine, a little less frumpy. I also love the vintage, prairie girl meets funky style.

Here are some of my favorites from Etsy:

Cute garden dress in blue

I like the cut on this dress, not too sure of the fabric: Swiss Dot Dress

This is too cute for summer: Cherry Sundress

Cute black dress

Organic Shakespeare~so cute and I love the description's suggestion to wear it to a country fair or ice cream social.

For something a little funky and a little farmgirl check out Sarah Clemens. I love everything!!

I hope this inspires you to bring out those sewing machines, dust them off and begin sewing up a spring wardrobe that will be wow. If you can't sew then you can always peruse the many pages on Etsy featuring spectacular outfits.

Visit Bonne's blog for some cute patterns and take a look at the dress she's already made. Stunning!

I'll be dreaming of spring!

Spring MySpace Comments and Graphics
Spring MySpace Layouts Photobucket Login - Upload Pics and Videos
Free Comments and Graphics

2 comments:

Lisa Brawner said...

I am so dreaming of spring too.. BOnne keeps inspiring me too :) ((farmgirl hugs ))

Leah said...

Oh, I cannot wait for Spring. It can't get here fast enough. I like the Sarah Clemens link the best. Cute stuff she's got there! Have you thought of starting an etsy shop with all your things? That would be fun!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.