Thanksgiving has come and gone and our house is officiall decked out for Christmas. The tree is up and almost all of the other decorations. I'm sure there will be a couple of new things to add to our decor just as in other years. I still need to bring in my Thanksgiving scarecrows and put out our outdoor Christmas decorations. I love this season. It is just a warm and wonderful time.
I saw this quiz over at my friend Jen's blog and thought it would be fun to try it here.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely gift bags. I would love to wrap presents with a magninficent flair but everytime I have I always hear~"Why did you do that I don't want to open it?" or "Why did you do that I'm just going to ruin it?" Everyone seems to love the gift bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial~I don't like to ruin live trees and I would be afraid to catch it on fire.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving every year. The kids look forward to it all week.
4. Do you like eggnog? Yes, I love it. I am the only one in my family.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? A doll house. It was small and cute but I loved it and can still remember playing with it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My father. He has everything and buys everything. What's left to buy for him? Plus he has very expensive taste.
7. Easiest person to buy for? Our kids. They both give us detailed gift lists.
8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes and the kids look forward to taking turns putting up the different pieces and taking turns each year to put on the angel.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, even if they're late.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Some of the gifts I received while teaching. What were they thinking?
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Carol
12. When do you start shopping? We try to start early. This year we only have one gift left to buy.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but I can't remember what it was. Not often though. The things I don't like usually end up in the every growing yard sale pile in our basement.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Everything, but especially the meat cakes my mom makes, only once a year.
15. Lights on the tree? Yes, I would like white but have been out voted and there are color lights on the tree.
16. Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? No, maybe three of them.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Beautiful white angel
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It depends what we are doing with my family and my husband's. It has been a bit crazy sometimes.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The way some people behave. Definitely not in the spirit of the season and rude. I don't like to deal with the nasty crowds.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Prim or vintage
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Anything easy. Sometimes, we just have Chinese so I don't have to cook. We have a big dinner at my mom's house on Christmas Eve.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I would like to have wonderful time with family. Making great memories. Of course, I would also like to spend it in Disney but I don't see that happening.
Feel free to add this to your blog. I would love to read each of yours.
beijing | day one
6 hours ago