Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last Minute Gifts

We have some of the sweetest librarians at our local library.  I wanted to make them some fun little gifts.  Without thinking I headed to Pinterest to look at all the amazing book page ornament ideas.  What was I thinking?  Would theses sweet librarians think that this was a bad joke.  I have passed on that no library books were harmed in this process.  Only books that needed a new life.
I looked at all the amazing ideas on Pinterest and set to work on my own.

This little ornament started with a wooden snowflake.  I painted it white and then glittered it.
Then I added some cardstock to the middle and a vellum snowflake.
 Accordion folded some book pages and hot glued them to the back with a ribbon for hanging.
 This one is similar to the previous one but I used strips from the book pages.
 Folded them in half and hot glued them to the back.
The last set of ornaments were made with larger, thicker snowflakes.
They were also painted and glittered.
 I folded one and a half inch squares of book pages into small cones and glued them.  Then I let them sit for a bit.  Finally, I glued them on and glittered the tips of the cones. 
 The best thing about this project is that I had everything at home.  I purchased the snowflakes and vellum items on clearance a couple of years ago.  It was a thrifty, fun and chic little gift.  I am thrilled with how they turned out.

Linking to:



Photobucket
ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 54




1 comment:

eleven-o-one said...

These are all very pretty. What lucky librarians you have and it seems such a great "themed" gift for them.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.