Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crochet Along

I have joined the crochet along with Rachel from Maybe Matilda.  

The pattern that was used was the Time Out Cowl from Lion Brand.  I chose to use the yarn recommended for this pattern in a slate gray color.
Here is the completed cowl:
 Excuse the bags under my eyes.  Time for a facial and come cucumbers on those eyes or it can't be helped.  It's the signs of the impending age of 40 knocking on my door.

I chose to make the cowl the required length but ran out of yarn just a couple of inches too short.  I decided to keep it at this length.  I think next I am going to make a large colorful flower to make it happier.
 The pattern says it should be 52 inches, mine is a little over 48 in.  I am short and the extra inches would probably be too much.
Crocheting is one of my favorite past times.  If you would like to learn to crochet you must visit Rachel's blog.  She shares amazing tutorials with great instructions and pictures.  She makes it look so easy.  Give it a try and you'll be hooked (corny, I know, couldn't be helped).

I am linking up to:

5 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Beautiful! I love the slate gray . . . what a gorgeous color! And I love the idea of adding a colorful flower to brighten it up, too . . . now I want to go add a flower to mine ;-) Thanks so much for participating, and beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cowl... I heart the slate gray color. And it definitely looks just fine with the length you went with. AAAAAND a flower would look great, too!

Kim Sonksen said...

That's fab! Love the thickness of the cowl

Susana said...

Su capucha tiene un color muy bonito.

gwengoods said...

I like it I will have to try that pattern!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.