Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our Graduate


Our daughter has officially graduated from homeschooling.

We are so proud of her.  

She has worked hard and overcome some obstacles.

She is an amazing young woman.

She will be attending a local college in the fall.

Photo announcements.  We took the pictures in our backyard.  We were thrilled to find these graduation photo cards at Walmart.  
I am not a big fan of Walmart but was so happy with them.  

The photo cards were inserted in these cards I printed.

It is bittersweet to watch your baby becoming a young adult. 

I want to hold her under my wing and protect her from the difficult moments in this world.

But she needs to be free.

Free to follow her heart, use wisdom, pray for discernment.

Watching her grow~heart wrenching~praying for her future.

She will be pursuing a career in Nursing.  Her goal is to be a surgical nurse.

7 comments:

Amy Kinser said...

Congratulations to her and to you, her parents. Our son just graduated a few weeks ago after homeschooling for eleven wonderful years. Boy, the time goes so fast. Keith is actually going to attend a community college here in our town for the first two years, so I don't have to watch him go yet. "I know I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" and I will cling to that when he leaves for college and then our other two children.

God bless you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adrienne said...

What a beautiful young lady! Congrat to you too mom ~ you both have worked hard. Best wishes to your dgt while she pursues her dream.

stitching under oaks said...

congrats to both of you...such an achievement. Enjoy your next adventure....I still have 2 years left until my oldest graduates. I'm trying to savor every moment.

Heidi said...

Wow - those photo cards turned out really neat. Great pictures - she's changed a lot since we saw you a few years ago too! Very pretty!

patty said...

beautiful post, ruth. congratulations to her! and your photos are great... or maybe it's just that she's so beautiful? :) i'm sure it's both!
congrats again!

These Are The Days said...

Oh, I dread the day...it is bitter sweet I'm sure. Time goes too fast, I walk around the house cleaning up for the umpteenth time and then think to myself, "someday I'm going to miss this".

Congrats to your beatiful girl!!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.