Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Craft~Finally

A while back my sister in law asked me if I could make her a pumpkin person.  She wanted me to use the pumpkin candy buckets as it's head but didn't care what else I came up with.  I thought about it for a little bit and decided that the easiest way to make this pumpkin person was to use toddler clothes.  Off to the thrift store where I scored some Calvin Klein jeans (couldn't believe it-only $1.99) and a cute shirt.  Brought it home and started to play around with what I had.  It was fun to be creating something once again.  With all of this kitchen work I haven't had time to play with fun things.

Here is our pumpkin boy~little witch hat came from Target for $1.  The shirt I purchased was short sleeved so he has some jeans for arms.  He is mostly stuffed with plastic grocery bags.  I thought it was too cute and she loved it.
 I was glad to see the final creation was to her liking.  Here it sits waiting to be picked up and taken home.  A very quiet house guest.

We finally had a bit a time to carve our pumpkins this past weekend.  Hard to believe but it was our first time ever doing it.  None of us had ever tried it before. 

While cleaning out our pumpkins I found these:
 I was a bit surprised to find seeds sprouting inside.

My daughter and I worked on this one:
 It's a bat.

The boys worked on this:
 Skeleton heads~this picture does not do it justice.  It looks amazing!!!
 The hutch decorated and ready for our Halloween get together.  


I am linking up with:





8 comments:

Maya Kuzman said...

Wow! You sure know how to spice up Halloween! The pumpkin boy is fantastic, and those skeleton and bat pumpkins are just gorgeous!!
Thanks for dropping by. I am honored!

CountryBelle said...

Aww, pumpkin boy is too cute! Thanks for stopping by!

Holly Lefevre said...

Seeds sprouting inside..I have never discovered that - that is kind of fun! I just scooped out 45 pumpkins for cub scouts! They have much less gunk in them than they used to. The pumpkin boy is cute.

Larissa said...

Love your pumpkin guy. the proportion is just perfect! How fun that your didn't carve the standard jack-o-lantern - the bat and skeleton head is are so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin boy is very clever, adn I am inspired to start carving pumpkins now!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

You did a great job for a first-time carver. Happy Halloween to you and your kiddos!

Judy Whatilivefor said...

your pumpkin person turned out adorable! I'd take him as a house guest anytime :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

cinnamongirl said...

So cute and loving the reno.
Dropped by to say hi

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.