Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ramblings of Our Day to Day

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here.  It seems like just yesterday was Halloween.  We will be hosting Thanksgiving here.  I enjoy hosting Thanksgiving.  It's one of my favorites.  Unfortunately our whole family will not be together.  My parents will go to my brother's house.  My other brother and sister probably will, too.  I host Thanksgiving for my in-laws.  The menu is all made out.  It is a very traditional menu.  

We will be enjoying:

Turkey
Gravy
Stuffing
Biscuits
Corn
Turnips and carrots
Squash
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Apple Cider

~Dessert~
Pumpkin Pies
Apple Pie
Individual Pumpkin Cheesecakes


 I have almost everything purchased.  The turkey will be picked up on Monday.  This is one of the most comforting meals to cook.  It's a time to spend with family without any other hustle and bustle.  It's a great break to think and reflect on the blessings of the past year.  God's goodness to each of us.  Shortly thereafter the Christmas rush will begin.  It's a respite from all the hurrying and day to day.  

Today was a quiet day at home for us and I absolutely needed that.  We did all of our school work.  The morning went very well.  I got the laundry done, the living room dusted, floors dry mopped and vacuumed,  the kid's work all corrected, chili cooking in the crock pot, the fire is keeping us warm and had time to work on some projects that were waiting to be completed.  It was so nice to not have to run anywhere. 

I am working on knitting some hats to donate to charity.  I do not knit very much but am so happy with the progress so far.  One hat is complete, the second is being worked on.  The ribbing is just perfect on this one.  I am hoping to get a total of six hats completed.  I also want to add a couple of scarves in the package.

The wheels are turning for what goodies I can make for the holidays.  What new decorations do I want to create?  Gifts to give?  Maybe some extra treats for the kids' stockings, and can't forget, what to bake?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a productive day! Your menu sounds wonderful ... what time is dinner ;-)

stitching under oaks said...

It always feels good to be home and accomplish some things doesn't it? your meal menu sounds delicious. I've got mine all written out too! Enjoy the holiday...there is much to be thankful for.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.