Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hollywood Studios~Disney Pics and Fun




Our second day in Disney we chose to go to Hollywood Studios. We were there from the time the park opened until the end of the Fantasmic show at about 8:30 p.m.. It was our favorite park and we had to go back another day to finish all the things we wanted to see. I especially enjoyed the fifties theme that the park had. One of the first things we did when we got there was the Tower of Terror. I am not a fan of these rides so ds and I opted to browse the gift shop. We found the machines that make coin souvenirs and that became one of our missions throughout all the parks. I love the rolled coins and they make such cute but compact souvenirs. While dh and daughter were on the crazy rides we were out looking for more coin souvenir machines. Sorry, no pic of the Tower of Terror. It was hard to remember to take a picture of everything. I guess we'll just have to go back someday.

After the Tower of Terror the crazy duo went to the Rocking Roller Coaster ride which they both enjoyed. Ds and I went to the Animation Studios and took some classes on how to draw Disney characters. We also met the Incredibles.



Ds still loves the Power Rangers so we headed to meet them and take a picture.










One of our favorite movies is Prince Caspian and Hollywood Studios has a Prince Caspian show and area where you can see costumes and other things used in the movie. This is Dh with Ds and Prince Caspian himself. He was outside the show and we were thrilled to meet him.




Costumes from Narnia.












Prince Caspian and King Miraz from the Narnia movie.







Ds and the Stone Table.






Part of the show explains how the characters are made for Narnia. It includes about 3 to 4 hours in a makeup chair each day of taping.




We all headed to the Animation Studios together and were able to meet with the mouse himself~Mickey!! We were thrilled.








Some of the character and scene sketches for the new Disney movie~Bolt. I was amazed at the color wall they had. There was a shade of every color imagineable in that studio. I could use some of them for projects.




At the end of the night we went to see the Fantasmic show and the kids kept saying Fastasmic is fantastic. It was such a wonderful show and nobody does it like Disney. It was hard to take good pictures because they asked us not to use flash photography during most of the shows.

More amazing parts of the Fantasmic show.
















This was the park we had to revisit. There was so much more to see and do there. I will post more pictures soon. We were busy from the minute we entered the park until we left. It was nice to sit for a while and watch the show. I think we collapsed every night when we went back to our room but everyone was always ready to go see more the next day. It still amazes me how much fun we had and what a wonderful experience Disney was.


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, yeah! You know I love seeing these!

Amanda Towne said...

Love the pics! Can't wait to get together to see them all!

- said...

how wonderful! i'm glad you are back safe and sound and that you had such a great time!

Leah said...

Hi Ruth!
Looks like ytou had a very fun time! I didn't know you were on blogger! I'll have to add you to my friends list now!! I was reading your button on your sidebar for Farm Girl Creations. Do you have a website where you are selling things? Just curious!
So glad to be in touch with you again!
Hugs,
Leah

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.