This bureau was in fairly good condition. The drawers were in good shape and it was sturdy. It was the perfect size for her space.
This before is missing some drawers and all the hardware. I had already begun work on it before I remembered to take a good before picture. I had a time limit, since this was sitting in her dining room while I worked on it and she would have a house full of company for Mother's Day.
I took off all the hardware and gave the piece a good cleaning with TSP. Then I used a sander deglosser liquid before I began painting. The only part of the bureau that I needed to sand was the top. I planned to stain that instead of painting it.
The bureau had some great accents and molding.
It was just in need of some TLC.
Here is the after:
I used Valspar paint in off white to paint the bureau and Minwax stain for the top.
I gave the hardware a good cleaning and spray painted them with Krylon in black.
I used Minwax clear furniture wax to seal the whole piece.
My mom was very happy with the final product and I was too.
It looks better than new.
It is now sitting in her bedroom and she is so happy with it. I was glad to find the perfect piece and have it completed in time for her on Mother's Day.
I will be linking up at these great Linky Parties.