Monday, January 14, 2013

Craft Studio Organization

This room was originally our daughter's room but since she has moved onto the real world and college we decided it would become my craft studio.
This was the space before in these pictures.
I moved all of my craft supplies from the basement into this room.  I started this in December and it is still a work in progress but it is getting there.  I have so many inspiration photos on my Pinterest boards.
Before:
This is my ribbon drawer.  I have wrapped most of my ribbon around cardboard pieces to eliminate the bulky spools they are on.  Now this drawer needed to be neatened and organized.  

Here is the after:
I still have some very fine ribbons on their original spools under the cardboard.  This method saves quite a bit of space.  Much better.
This is a little cabinet that is a bit beat up but still loved.  I use it to store my yarn and papers.  I use many different containers on top to hold more supplies.

These sweet little porcelain buckets were on clearance a while back at Christmas Tree Shops for fifty cents. Now they hold my brushes, pens, paint pens and markers on my desk.
This container was from a Bath & Body Works gift set.  It has an interesting shape and I like the pattern on it.  I use it to hold bits and pieces of this and that while I work on a project.  This keeps the desk surface clear.  The small draw organizers are great to store paper punches, stickers, and many forms of ephemera.
This cabinet was in the basement but I brought it up to this room because it is a great storage piece.  It is a bit on the plain and uninteresting side so I want to pretty it up somehow.  I am currently looking for inspiration and ideas.  Please share any you have.
I used the small closet space to hold fabrics.  I hung them on the rod with skirt/pant hangers.
Underneath it is a three drawer cabinet to hold more supplies.

This room is far from being finished.  I will continue to work on organizing but I also want to use the time to create pretty things.  



I am linking to the Dog Days of Winter "Organize It" Party.  Hope you can join.


4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your new craft area! It's so nice to have a space to do your own thing in! I am in the middle of organizing mine right now, it looks like an episode of Hoarders at the moment, LOL! And I LOVE Christmas tree shops! :)
Kristi

Unknown said...

How wonderful it is to be so organized. I love having a separate area to craft.

I'm having a TWITTER Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Twitter. If you don't have Twitter it's ok, come link up your blog or favorite post.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/twitter-social-hop.html

I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

Taryn @ Design, Dining + Diapers said...

What a great space you have! I wish I something like this for all my craft supplies! You did a great job organizing all of it. The pant hangers for the fabric is such a great idea.

Unknown said...

Yay! What a great space! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
Bethany @ Whistle and Ivy

Post a Comment

I love to hear from all of you. Your comments make me smile.